Saturday, December 13, 2008

This will not be the last time I say this...


Thank you to each of you who have supported us through this process. I thank you for the examples of parenthood that surround us; the outpouring of love and excitement that have made me so proud of my little daughter; the encouragement you have given Aleisha as she takes her place as Cece's mommy; your testimonies of salvation that will be shared and seen by my daughter; your open arms of joy toward Cece; your fervent and heartfelt prayers; your reminders of truth; your tears of joy and your cries with us through pain; your resounding roar of praise as we welcome Cecelia into our home.

To our many friends who have walked before us down this wonderful journey of adoption... Thank you for answering our countless questions. Thank you for being a sounding board and an understanding ear to our confusion, fear, and anxiety. I can't wait for Aleisha and I to share our story with families considering adoption, as you have with us.

And to our families, I am especially thankful for you. You have already opened your hearts to Cecelia and I cannot tell you the comfort that brings to every part of me. We could not traverse this path without knowing you would be standing there next to us. Most importantly, you will be that "great cloud of witnesses" that Cecelia will lean on for the rest of her life.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Heb 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment