Monday, December 15, 2008

That song...


OK, so everyone has been singing the song "Cecilia" by Paul Simon. So last Thursday I had Aleisha play this song for me. Needless to say, I was not amused and determined that Cece WILL NOT listen to this song.

Last night, my friend Jason was over and let me know that the song is actually about St. Cecilia, the patron saint of music (and my sister Susan's confirmation name). The song is apparently about writer's block and Paul Simon struggling to get words on paper.

I am still not sure, and Wikipedia (the absolute authority) only mentions this as a possibility. I have a call in to Paul Simon, but until I hear back from him Cece is banned from this song!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! A shout out in the blog. I'm famous now. (this is jason... I can't figure out how to post under a real name, so I'm destined to be anonymous). Loved seeing you guys on Sunday. Cece is a beautiful blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, sad. This is one of my all-time favorite songs. I think you should let it be her theme song. She's already beautiful enough to be the heartbreaker in the song!!! (Shawna Bryce)

    ReplyDelete
  3. could have been worse, you could have named her Lola.

    ReplyDelete