Friday, December 12, 2008

How do I know I am a Daddy

Because I am already wondering how this beautiful Cece will ever do anything wrong. Aleisha is getting scared because she thinks it will be 2 against 1 (I told her not to worry, we would probably use more of a zone defense to disguise our attack). Truthfully, in just two days (and only mere hours at that) I already know this baby is my little girl because God has ordained it as such. He has taken us on a journey that no one could write and he has asked me to raise Cece. I love her, I truly love her. I already want the best for this girl, the absolute best...

By the way, I cannot wait to watch my wife be a mom - it will be the single truest thing I will ever know on this earth. I am so grateful that I get to watch this with a front row seat.

Oh, how else do I know I am a daddy... I barely blinked when Aleisha wanted to spend $60 on a pair of pants that Cece will wear for 2 weeks. I mean, my daughter needs to be stylin', right?

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is KILLING me... I have been crying for 2 days over this precious baby girl and this incredible story God is writing... I can hardly stand the joy pouring out of my heart -- oh, you guys. Just want to squeeze you to death... so, so, so, so happy... Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, brother. What a gift to taste love like this during this season marked by God's paternal love for us. We are all so excited for you three.

    ReplyDelete