Thursday, December 11, 2008

From Brian:


What a day we had today. This morning we were able to go to the hospital to visit our beautiful daughter for the first time. We had about two hours with Cecelia, Lauryn, and Lauryn's mother, Beverly. They could not have made us feel more welcome and constantly confirmed that we were the parents. Everytime a nurse would come in they would introduce us as Cecelia's parents. It was such a blessing.


Holding Cecelia in my arms was something that I will never forget. She is so beautiful - oh my, the hair is like nothing I have ever seen. Her face is etched in my memory and I will sleep tonight thinking of her and counting the minutes until we get to go back to see her - which is tomorrow morning at 11am!!! She is my daughter and there is no denying that. It looks like Friday morning we get to bring Cece home and begin some serious bonding time.
I want to share an amazing part of the day. While we were visiting with Lauryn and Beverly, they handed us a present. Beverly told us that they are so grateful to welcome us into their family. To show us their love they presented us with a blanket. This special blanket was knitted by a close family friend 20 years ago and was used to bring Lauryn home from the hospital. They have bestowed this blanket to us so we can bring Cecelia home in it and keep it in our family as a reminder of their love.


More to come!!!

9 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled for you two! When Karen text me today I shouted for joy! Thank God for this beautiful blessing. You two are going to be awesome, tremendous parents. My heart is full for all of you. Cece is gorgeous!! Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - she's beautiful! Love all her hair too! Rejoicing with you. December 10th is a great date for a birthday!!

    love - Heidi and the Carlsons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! We are so excited for you and your husband. Please let us know if and when you ever come on campus so that we can see your sweet Cece. God has been so good to you and Brian. He has prepared you for such a time as this. Enjoy every single moment. Thanks for sharing this blog with me. Love and prayers!
    Gina Lister :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will never forget that face, no matter how big your little princess becomes. Blessings and I am so overjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for yall! She will love having a december birthday! :) Enjoy this time with your new little family!!! can't wait to meet her! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! What a wonderful story - the whole thing. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! We're so excited! We've been waiting to know what's happened! Yahoo! We believe God has awesome things for the 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aleisha I am SO thrilled for you and happy that things are working out for you. It takes alot of courage to go through the daunting task adn possible let downs of adoption. I will keep you in my prayers and I can't wait to meet the little doll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Aleisha & Brian, I am so thrilled for you!
    Congratulations!! Our Lord is truly faithful, loving and great.
    I am sitting here crying with joy for the three of you. Please post more pictures when you get time.
    Love you, Barb & Roger Bucher (Bemidji-Irene's daughter)

    ReplyDelete