Friday, November 11, 2011

Cornrows

I am no master by any means, but I have been practicing for awhile. When Cece was just a year old, we took her to this African braiding shop in Denver. The woman took one look at this JCrew White Girl and took me for a ride. I specifically asked for a style that was age appropriate. Well, she put in these little tiny braids (that were super cute), but now, after all my education about hair, I know they were very damaging to my baby girl's hair! She also charged me way too much. Then, I moved to Czech, and well, I had to figure it out for myself. Thanks to some really great blogs, I started to learn some things. Like, toddler hair is too fragile for small cornrows. Well, now Cece's hair is strong enough to handle some smaller cornrows, not tiny braids, but small cornrows. It's not perfect, but . . . . IMG_4804 IMG_4808 IMG_4813

5 comments: