Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This Could Be You!

Yesterday, I dropped my niece, Katherine, off at the airport in Prague. She had been here for 10 days. She's a junior in college and has been working for the last two summers saving money to come to Europe. She chose to spend ten days of her European vacation with her Aunt and Uncle in the Czech Republic! We are honored. Here are some reasons why I'm already missing Katherine:

1.Katherine's better at following the nav's directions (Pam, as our GPS is named, confuses me sometimes; she never confused me in the states, but I would be lying if I said I never cussed at her here in Europe--the GPS, not Katherine!)

2. Katherine helps me cook. (I am really more of a meal preparer than a "cook", so I love having help. Katherine made some stinkin' awesome hummus!)

3. Cece has never been so quiet in church in the almost six months that we have been here --sat on Katherine's lap the whole time!

4. We make a really great traveling team (Katherine, Cece and I, that is!!)

That leads me to the title of this post--This Could Be You! Katherine flew into Krakow, so we spent the day there, showing her the sights.

IMG_3674

Then, I needed to go to Bratislava, Slovakia to pick up our long-term visas (yeah, we all have them now), and so we (Katherine, Cece and I) made a day trip out of it! Here is Katherine and Cece waiting for me. Katherine and I took turns climbing the steps of a castle to see the view--we could see apparently see Austria and Hungry from up there!

IMG_3689

IMG_3691

Then, we (Katherine, Cece and I) went Polish pottery shopping and stopped in Zory for lunch!

IMG_3696

IMG_3698

And then, Katherine flew out of Prague, so we (Katherine, Cece and I) went a day early and stayed at a place called the Mosaic House. (The Mosaic House is a hostel/hotel that is run by two Christian couples that are living in Prague--really cool.) Here is the view from our room and other pics of Prague:

IMG_0178

IMG_3702

IMG_3699

So all that to say, I sure LOVED having Katherine come, and you too, if you work hard for two summers:), could come and visit us here in the Czech Republic.

Miss you already, "K" (Cece finally learned how to say "K", but she can't get out Katherine--she would just mumble if she was trying to say her name:).)

1 comment:

  1. I want to go to there!! So beautiful!

    Don't know how soon I'll be making it out there...If I work hard for two summers all I get is uneven tan lines and a bunch of pictures of my kids doing fun stuff. How stank is that?

    ReplyDelete