Saturday, August 7, 2010

Best note EVER

Moving so far from family and dear friends is one of the "hards" of being a missionary. My Aunt Kathy had the sweet idea of writing notes for me to open once I arrived here in Czech. She got my sister-in-laws involved, my cousin, Mel (who has been writing me notes my whole life), and a dear friend, Heidi. The idea was that I would have a note to open every day the first year that I am here (I'm not sure there are quite that many, but that's okay, because I often forget; they may last me two years!)

IMG_3669

They aren't long notes--just short notes, often verses that are written in the handwriting of some of the dearest people in my life. They really do brighten my day. Well, I opened the best one EVER today. It was written by my brother Joel's wife, Crista!

web

Really, the best one EVER! Every missionary should get one of these notes from time to time.

IMG_3667

3 comments:

  1. Rotfl :)

    Btw: all men should always remember that:
    "Women are not to be understood, they are to be loved" :]

    Ps: Greetings from Poland, I keep fingers crossed for you all time, since you started this mission. Its really amazing for me I cannot express how I look up to you. To do such a big big step just after getting Cece and all. You must be truly brave and awesome :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha! So funny!! :-) You are brave and awesome....and probably right!! Love you, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA!! That's so funny! THat's such a sweet things that your friends and family did for you. Notes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete