Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Feeling a Little Bit Like This . . .

I'm feeling a little bit like this today:
IMG_2762

By no means if life terrible, but the chaos of transition is real. We are truly excited about the house we are renting; however, it's just taking some time to be able to move in. The landlord is remodeling the bathroom, which is really great. On a minor side note, he asked me what I wanted in the bathroom before they started, which was so kind of him. I said, "white, modern, neutral". Well, somehow that got translated/carried out to be tiles with brown, orange, and yellow flowers:)!

Back to the chaos. We were living in the Patty's apartment until they ran out of gas to heat their home (they have a great wood stove in their house, but it doesn't send heat to the apartment), so we packed up our stuff and moved in with the Ellenwood's over a week ago. We are so loving their family, but we were thinking any day we'd be unpacking our boxes, but . . . remodeling takes time, so we wait.

Hopefully, we'll be moving in late this week. Just to give you a little glimpse into my heart, here is my prayer today:

Lord God,
Please help me to be encouraged today. Help us to get settled quickly. Give us the strength and grace we need in the chaos of being unsettled, being disconnected by dear friends and family by several time-zones, learning a new language (we had our first language lesson last night:)), connecting and developing new friendships, living with and depending on others, working and learning new jobs (especially Brian), continuing to be a good wife and mom, trying to stay motivated to work-out, spend time studying your word, pray, send updates, schedule our weeks, plan our summer, think of ways those we love can serve short-term, and do laundry. God help me!

Please Lord Jesus give us strength, the right heart, encouragement, love for each other and others and peace! I am glad I'm here, though! Amen.

6 comments:

  1. OH Aleisha I know this feeling all to well! When we got back to Korea we were without a home for the first 6 weeks, it was rough, and discouraging, but you can do it! Praying for you all and that those remodeling projects get done quickly! Also praying for any homesickness going on ... we know that feeling as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Friend,
    You know, God brought you there, and His plans are perfect. perfect. Never flawed. That alone gives me peace in my storms. You are in transition, but God will sustain you.
    "There is surely a future hope for and your hope will not be cut off." Prov. 23:18

    I find, it's when i'm most uncomfortable (meaning i'm not depending on my own ablities to get myself of problems) that I am in the most communion with my Father.
    Take heart...My prayers will be with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being so honest so we know how to better pray for you. We will be praying. Perhaps this verse can encourage you.
    "For God is not a God of disorder but of peace..." 1 Corinthians 14:33
    Sidenote-I love the note on the bathroom remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! That bathroom sounds like a treat ;) I love you, Jack loves you, and Mark does too. Let's set up a skype date soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you! "God help me". What a great prayer and reminder of what I need to pray. Love you!

    ReplyDelete