Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Brian's Birthday: March 14th

Saturday was Brian's birthday (I'm not saying which one because we're both getting to the age where we're just having birthdays, but we're going to stay the same age). We are far away from home; however, we were able to spend Brian's birthday with the Carlson's, and that felt like home! So much thanks to them for making Brian's day so perfect!

We met them in Poland at an indoor water park. I have some great video that I will post later. Brian said his favorite part was taking Cece down the water slide. Kelsey, Jillian, Brian and Cece all went down and got up out of the pool at about the same time. Kelsey turned to her sister, Jillian, and said, "do you want to go again?" Cece said, "yeah!"

IMG_1694

After the water park, they took us to a great restaurant with really tasty pizza. Then, we went to their house for cake. They made a cake with coconut frosting, which is one of Brian's favorites.

IMG_1693

IMG_1689

IMG_2757

IMG_1708

Then, the cherry on top was that the next night the Patty's took Brian to a restaurant in a near by city, Ostrava, for his FAVORITE dessert: creme brulee.

IMG_2758

IMG_2759

I'm so thankful for Brian. These pictures show how amazing it is to be here and how well we are being taken care of. But, there are certainly some hard things too. I will surely have posts from time-to-time that will share some of the hard. However, right now, I just want to say that sharing life with Brian makes life better than I ever dreamed it would be. I am honored to share this adventure with him. He is such a great man, and I am beyond proud of him for stepping out in extreme faith and saying yes to something that is going to have such a huge impact on Cece and I (not to mention the Kingdom of God). I love you, Brian!

IMG_2756

2 comments:

  1. I love Brian too. And you. And miss CeCe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Brian! Plus I am so happy that you have such a great guy to live life with as well, Aleisha. God is good.

    ReplyDelete