Friday, February 17, 2012

great shot of the boys

IMG_5208

I love this picture for so many reasons! The "pose" is actually how I find these two often. "Don't bother moving; I'll just crawl over you." Then, they just hang out like this chatting with each other! I love it. And, then their smiles. Though, this photo captured a very similar smile, if you look closely, you'll see that Alex's whole face smiles. Gabe smiles too, but with this awesome smirk.

Then, there's the rug burn on Gabe's nose, which he got because he is pulling himself up on everything, and he took a nose dive onto the carpet. I know it's so clique to say that boys are different than girls. I must say though, I love having a girl and two boys and thinking about how Cece did things differently than the boys. Cece was never "dainty". She was shaking her booty before she could even crawl. But, she was not like the boys. They are fearless. They will not "sit" in the bathtub. Like, I cannot physically make them sit. They both squirm like crazy until they are on their bellies, and then, they are all over the place. I have to be very careful that I don't fill the bathtub too full, so they don't take in mouthfuls of water. I have to watch them constantly because they are "swimming" all over the tub, projecting themselves, slamming into the sides without even flinching. I don't let them stay in very long because it's too stressful. Cece is usually in the tub too, and when I take them out, she usually says something like, "thank you, Mommy; that is very nice of you!"

I have a feeling that this will be one of my favorite pictures of the boys! So much in captured in one shot.


3 comments:

  1. I love it. I also love having the girls and then having a boy, it is so different. I think Alex smiles like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "thank you, Mommy; that is very nice of you!"

    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a great shot. It is so fun to note the differences between the kids, and the differences between boys and girls. All I know are boys, but it is exactly as you say. I agree with Heidi - Alex does smile like you.

    ReplyDelete