Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day and Happy Anniversary

Brian and I were married on Saturday, June 19th, 2004 and Father's Day fell the the next day, Sunday, June 20th.

Saturday, June 19th, 2004:
IMG_1817

Recent 2010:


I didn't think much about Father's day on that particular, June 20th, 2004 (although, I had thought ahead and got my dad something before my wedding--I still have the to-do lists, if you like to see them:)). However, this anniversary and Father's day were quite different for me. Both mean a lot more than I even realized.

Today, Father's Day, June 20th 2010:
IMG_3380

Brian's love language is acts of service (meaning he'd really like me to do something for him--like, update our budget or make him a great meal--I did one of the two for Father's day). However, I just want to say that having an anniversary and Father's day so close together really made me realize blessed I am. I'm not going to go on and on (because some things are not for the world to hear and because Brian does better when I say words of affirmation concisely--he's not one for doting). I will say though that I found myself crying more than once today because I am so overwhelmed by the husband and father that Brian is! Not only am I living my dream with the man that I love, but he is really an amazing father.

Cece and I made this video for him, and we thought the world would like to see this:):

Happy Father's Day, Brian from Aleisha Stephens on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post and thank you for sharing your Father's Day video.

    ReplyDelete