Thursday, October 8, 2009

Chronicles of Cece

I decided it was time to change our blog's main picture. The previous was taken only a few months ago, but Cece has changed so much since then. And, I just wanted to share a couple random Cece stories (since this blog is, in fact, my version of a baby book).

Everywhere
Everywhere we go (I'm not exaggerating--everywhere), people are always commenting on how cute Cece is. She is quite the charmer too--she waves and smiles at everyone. The other day, I was having lunch with a friend of mine (also a mom). We were at McAlisters and the host guy kept coming around and talking to Cece, tickling her, giving her high-fives. Finally, my friend was like, "do you know him?" I was like, "nope, this is just what it's like everywhere we go; I don't even really notice anymore." I'm not exaggerating; everywhere (and I don't mind one bit:)).

Not Quite a Princess Voice
I also just have to say that Cece is loud. She yells at dogs, kids, and people. She really doesn't mean to yell. I think somewhere along the way, she got the idea that communicating means being loud. Hmmm . . . I haven't the slightest idea where she gets that from. I brought her into the nursery at church the other day, sat her down next to some precious little girl, and Cece just blares, "DAAAAA" at the little girl. It's Cece's way of being friendly. She especially "yells" at dogs, who she refers to as "Jill" (the name of my parents' dog--well, it's actually my brother Rollie's dog, but . . . .) All day long, I hear, "Jill", but it's not a quiet, precious sounding "Jill"; it's a "JJJJILL". The neighbor guy has a dog that just wonders around our neighborhood (sweet, old black lab). All day long, Cece crawls to the door, exclaiming, "Jill" (whether or not she can actually see the dog).

Drama Queen?--Just Count to Ten (Thanks, Brian:))
She is also a little DRAMA queen. There is nothing quiet about her crying, either. Cece can be quite dramatic if things are not going her way. Well, both Brian and I are fine with crying for a good reason, but not for example, because we shut the computer, or because I walked out of the room. So, we have been giving her little time-outs when she is throwing her little temper-tantrums. I did it one day by making her sit on the floor and saying very calmly, "Cece stop crying." Brian recently added to it (and to be honest, I was in the kitchen thinking--this is never going to work) by counting to ten once she stops crying. It turned out to be genius. So now, when she throws an unwarranted little fit, I put her on the floor, squat down, tell her to stop crying, count to ten, and we are all smiles and good to go!

IMG_1625

IMG_1626

IMG_1628

3 comments:

  1. I love the counting to 10 idea! She is adorable. Truly a beautiful child. I think it's so fun to have a social baby. You never lack for conversation when you're out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I used to get SO annoyed by all the people that commented on how cute Tryn was!! I am glad you enjoy it, I seriously got so annoyed. I would be trying to hurry through the grocery store so that she would stay happy and not throw a fit and 10 people would want to come up to me and tell me how cute my daughter was. Well, thanks, and sorry to be selfish, but, really, no thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great post! I love hearing all those little things about Cece. :) I can't wait to actually meet her in person!! :)

    ReplyDelete