Saturday, February 28, 2009

5:49 AM

First, I want to preface this blog entry with, "I know things can change," "I won't get too excited", "Tomorrow night will be a different story", "I know things will change when she starts teething", and on-and-on, so while I welcome comments, I have heard all the realities of parenting babies many times. Right now, I just want to be excited, so here's what happened last night:

To begin, Cecelia is a really good sleeper. I don't know that I would say, "our daughter is sleeping through the night", but certainly, she is a good sleeper, and for that I am thankful. However, I have become very accustom to the time in the middle of the night. At first, it may have been 1am, 2:30am--for a few weeks those were the times I remember. Then for awhile, it was 3am. In the last few weeks, I would say 4:30am. Now, in the last couple weeks, Cece has on many nights, just woke up in the early morning--4am, 4:30am, 5am, fussed, cried a little and then, gone back to sleep. Many nights, I would consider sleeping through the night, others not, but I myself, wake up at 3am and hear little noise or 4am and hear a little fussing. Of course, I don't mind because I know she will likely fall back asleep.

Well, this morning, I awoke, not to the sound of my child, but to my bladder at 5:49am. I was in shock! Not a peep from our little baby! As I crawled groggily back in to bed, I did have a small shred of panic--why haven't I heard her? But, in about fifteen minutes, I heard a little peep and then, right back to sleep.

Ahhh, 5:49am. I mean, I have not slept without waking up until 5:49am for months. The beauty, the joy.

Now, remember what I said at the beginning, because I know you are tempted . . . I know tomorrow night will be a different story, but last night my story was 5:49am, and I'm celebrating today!

5 comments:

  1. Celebrate away! Oliver is almost 8 months and I haven't been able to say that I've slept until 5:49 yet. But, I will still say he is a pretty good sleeper overall and I definitely celebrate the nights that are "better than others".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you! Seriously, you are so lucky. I didn't get that with my kids until they were between 6 and 8 months, so, yes, be glad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also heard the same things from people, but you know what? Once Abi started sleeping through the night, teething didn't even change that! Seriously, she's been a great sleeper from the very beginning and it only got better. At 5 months she'd sleep until 5am and then I'd bring her to bed to nurse her and she'd fall asleep again until 7 or 8am. And ever since she turned 9 months, she's been sleeping from 7pm to 7am without any problems! So, you never know, maybe Cece will just get better and better too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! You should be excited. I bet Cece woke up this morning thinking, "Wow, I feel so well-rested! Plus Mom is looking quite chipper. I think I will do this again!" And she will. Then pretty soon you won't even think about how the night will go. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love all the posts, guys. Feel like I have a pulse on your family life. It is just so, so good, and I'm bouncing off the walls for you -- yet again!!! Love you both. Karen

    ReplyDelete