Wednesday, December 14, 2011

the twins: they are so different

Alex
 IMG_4886
 Gabe
 IMG_4902

For about a week after I found out I was having identical twins, I was really creeped out. I kept imagining these two identical children running around, acting exactly the same. Maybe it was pregnancy hormones, but the idea of having two children who were exactly the same was a little scary to me (and yes, I did worry that I wouldn't be able to tell them apart, and no, that has never happened).

While the boys are similar in a lot of ways, I just love how different they are. They don't look exactly the same, which I really love. Besides, Alex being a little smaller, they both have slightly different features, and they each have their own personalities. I wish I could capture more of who they are in videos and pictures. Here's a little snap shot.

Alex:
Alex is army crawling, and he's very determined. He sees what he wants, and he scoots himself over there (meanwhile, Gabe gets mad because he doesn't move quite so well). Alex has already had three black eyes (one from when Gabe kicked him in the face, but the other two were because he was so into what he was playing with that it bonked him in the face). Alex loves toys with noise. He is also a little sensitive. He gets tired easily, and if he doesn't sleep well, then, he doesn't eat well. He's also a bit of a mamma's boy. There are times when I look over at him, and he's just smiling away at me. Brian always gets a little jealous. If I put Alex in my lap, he just settles right in!

Gabe:
While Alex is a bit of a mamma's boy, Gabe is more like, "hey mom, what's up!" The child winks at me (with both eyes), I swear. I will look over at him, and say, "Hi Gaber!" He gets all excited, and then, "winks". He is a little bit more laid back than his brother. The kid fake cries too; I'm not kidding. He squints up his eyes and tries to force a sob-story (Alex cries for real). Gabe is a snuggler--head on your shoulder, thumb in his mouth. And, his checks, oh my goodness, they are just so kissable!

Then, there is the diva of the family who just turned three. Oh, my goodness! If I was "good", I'd save this picture, but I can't help myself, I just have to share it now! More on her third birthday to come, but here's a picture of her (props to Claire for taking such an amazing pic) on her special day that I think belongs in a magazine (or wherever it is the most amazing pics end up these days).

DSC_7044

For someone who waited so long and went through a few significant scares, I just love my kids. But, I am so sure that no matter what your story is, you just love your kids too, and that's right and good.


1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I can't imagine what it would be like to have identical twins, and I think I would feel a little funny about it too. You explained it very well. I love all the pictures, but the one of CeCe is incredible. She looks so beautiful and like the perfect birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete