Wednesday, May 11, 2011

We're ALL Home!

I have so much to share . . .

I have no time.

However, I wanted to at least share that we are ALL home. After two weeks, we are all finally home. Last Tuesday, I went back into the hospital (an interim care section of the hospital--post NICU, for the boys) to be with the boys until they were both big enough to come home. I was there with them until Monday, when they were released. I'll write a blog post about that time another day (we have some precious pictures of Cece seeing her brothers for the first time--through the window)!

They boys are doing great! Our biggest challenge right now is feeding. They are eating well, but not breastfeeding long enough to get a full feeding (they are getting better at it every day, but they are so small, it really makes them tired). So, I breastfeed one boy, bottle feed him with the milk I pumped after the last feeding, breastfeed the other, bottle feed him, and then, pump. The whole process takes about an hour and a half, and they need to eat every three hours! Hence, no time. However, I'm glad they are eating well and growing.

We are so glad to be home! More pics and stories to come, but here's a picture that captures more than I could ever say!!

IMG_4418
(Cece and Gabe)

7 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing I love this picture of them both soaking in the love for each other :) so glad that all of you are home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious picture! I had the same feeding issue with Edison at first, he would never nurse for more than 5 mins! After a couple weeks he got it down...Can't wait for more pictures of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited! Love the beautiful picture! Will be praying for your energy. If anyone I know can handle this blessed challenge, you can - my dear! Hug and kiss all three from me....and Brian, too! Much love, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. What a precious gift. I know things are hard and will get harder. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aleisha, i understand your feeding challenges... Lucas is now 3 1/2 mths but we hit some difficulties @ 6wks... can't imagine twins! so glad you guys are all home now. How faithful He has been!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, good work Mamma! One day at a time! Thanks for the update, still so happy for you! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aleisha, you are so missed right now, but I know that you are exactly where you need to be, can't wait to hold your precious little boys soon! Would love to come even for a short visit so that I can give you a hug and share in your joy! Love you- Lauree

    ReplyDelete