Monday, May 30, 2011

Hannah

I started babysitting when I was ten years old, for a neighbor. Yes. Ten. I also stayed home with my brothers, but that wasn't babysitting; that was survival. I babysat all the way through college; I was even a nanny for a year after college. I was good at it. That might sound a little cocky, but it's true, I gave my heart to every child that I took care of. I always hoped that someday I would have a babysitter for my kids that did the same.

Over a year ago, we moved here, and we hired Hannah (a missionary "kid") to watch Cece about 10 hours a week, so that I could take language lessons and take on other responsibilities on the Bteam. I get tears in my eyes when I think about how well Cece has been loved and cared for by Hannah. And, also Hannah demands the same respect from Cece that we do. To say that Hannah (whom Cece calls--Nanno) is amazing is an understatement.

Hannah is leaving for college in the states in just a few months. We are so going to miss her! (Her sister, Hayley, and brother, Noah, are on deck to take over for her, so our kids are in good hands! But, it won't be the same without Nanno!)

She is extremely gifted, and she recently did a photo shoot of the twins. Taking infant photos is not easy, and this was her first time--with twins! The photos are amazing. Check out some of her other work on flickr. (If you live on this side of the ocean, she is hoping to make some money before leaving for college!)

This is my favorite; if you look closely, you'll see that the boys are mirroring each other. They did this on their own. (Alex, left; Gabe, right)
_MG_9627

_MG_9745

Alex
_MG_9852

_MG_9841

Gabe
_MG_9821

_MG_9796

_MG_9785

Alex
_MG_9520

Gabe
_MG_9406

Gabe
_MG_9464

Thank you, Hannah, for everything! You are a very special part of our family, and we are eternally grateful for all you have given us! We love you!
_MG_0586

7 comments:

  1. Oh, what a beautiful, beautiful blog post. I'm teary! You all just radiate joy and it is so, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Just lovely. As a mom, there is no greater gift than knowing that your children are well loved and well cared for in your absence. That sort of assurance is priceless. You have beautiful children, my friend—they are so like you. All three of them. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she did a great job they are all good. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story of Hannah. We love her so much too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love how your little ones are so perfect and that we know the One who did that. I love how Cece looks at them with exciting love. The pictures are all so wonderful. Thanks for sharing and for loving Hannah as we do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Aleisha...what great pictures and a great story. I know how you feel as YOU were the first person to take care of Daria for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO PRECIOUS!!! Those pictures are gorgeous, and really captured you all!!! (Hannah...if you're reading this...GREAT JOB!!!)...and you, dear Aleisha, are amazing!! You're doing an amazing job at caring for your family these days. If it counts for anything...I'm SUPER proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AH! I read this and cried. All your babies are so adorable, and Hannah did such a beautiful job of capturing that. I love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete