Thursday, December 23, 2010

Homemade Bread

I made my mom's homemade bread today.

If I write too much, this post will become sappy and the kind of post that my brother Rollie, who has blogged twice in his life, commented on: when I read blogs of people divulging very private emotions about being lost or broken, it made me squirm inside.

For fear of making you squirm inside, I'll keep this short. This is my first Christmas away from my family. I'm a little sad. I was making my mom's homemade bread this afternoon, and my belly was very much in my view as I was mixing, kneading, thinking. I took this picture to remember the bitter-sweet moment: me making my mom's bread, my belly sticking out, and my hands that look so very much like my moms.

IMG_4138

7 comments:

  1. You are precious.

    I love seeing your belly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, you made me cry anyway. *Sigh* Sorry that you don't get to be around your family :(

    P.S. I am SO excited that we finally got to see a picture of your baby belly!! MORE, more, more!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! Congratulations!!! How exciting and wonderful...love to you all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Aleisha, the picture is perfect, you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this post! i love your belly! i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praising the Lord for you on behalf of that belly. Once a person longs for such a belly, you never forget the feeling of when the longing is fulfilled. God is just so amazing....and so are His gifts...
    My little gift was born a month ago, and every time I stare into her beauitful eyes, I thank the Lord for His gift too wonderful for words.
    Love to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sniff, sniff. This is beautiful. I'm sorry you're not with your family right now.

    ReplyDelete