Friday, August 24, 2012

cece would rather hang out with her friends

When we arrived back from the states, Cece went back to preschool for the month of August. She goes to preschool in the mornings and after her lunch, Brian picks her up.

A few weeks ago, she asked me if she could sleep at Skolka (preschool), which would mean staying all day. I said, "No, you need to come home after lunch."
"Why, Mommy?"
(The reason is because when she comes home, I do early literacy activities with her, and we read together, and I want her to have that time with me. However, I don't want to make too big of a deal out of this, or she'll catch on that I'm teaching her, and she might not like it.)
So, I said, "Because I want to hang out with you."
Her response, "I don't want to hang out with you, Mommy; I want to hang out with my friends!"

So it begins.

Cece's preschool has been so great. Not only is she learning Czech, she really loves her teachers, and obviously, she loves her friends too.

This summer, the theme at Cece's preschool was centered around Native Americans (however, they don't use the politically correct term). Today was the "Farwell to Indian Summer". Here are some photos!






1 comment:

  1. I love your storys on Cece , She is so cute and looks like she had lots of fun with "Indian Summer" one of these days I would love to meet all of you!!
    Shana Ellenwood Neuman :)

    ReplyDelete