Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

Very much like my friend, Heidi, I'm not really a huge fan of Halloween. For very similar reasons as her; I don't like being scared. I also don't like it when people think you're a clown, and you're not! I remember when I was in Kindergarden. I wanted to be Rainbow Brite. My mom gave a really good effort to "my demands". I'm sure I wouldn't let it rest. I had boots (appropriate for both Rainbow Brite AND Halloween in Minnesota), leggings, and a red turtle neck. It was my hair that was a problem. I'm not sure if I insisted on a wig or what, but my mom searched and searched for a Rainbow Brite costume; however, at the time I think all our town really had for searching was a K-mart. So, my mom got me a "rainbow" wig. All through out the day and night (at school and during trick or treating), everyone said, "Are you a clown?" I just remember being so annoyed at everyone. And, being the "not-afraid-to-speak-child", I said very matter-a-factly, "no, I'm Rainbow Brite!" Thankfully, Cecelia is not old enough to have an opinion on what she would like to dress up as. Oh, I must say, this stage is so very much fun. My sister-in-law, Karen, found this adorable little costume. So, this Halloween, I was not afraid, AND everyone knew that Cece was a little ballerina. Who knows what will happen when she's in Kindergarden?!

IMG_1756

IMG_1751

IMG_1727

IMG_1729

IMG_1732

IMG_1744

IMG_1746

IMG_1748

IMG_1750

5 comments:

  1. AHHHHHH SOOOO PRECIOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't even handle it. seriously? *sigh* too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. Truly, truly precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So So Sweet! It looks like she enjoys playing dress-up. A true girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely - can't wait to meet her!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete